• Secured interviews with influential and national publications
• 50+ pieces of coverage, including 7 nationals, 1x broadcast interview (CNBC)
• Consumer interest achieved pre-restaurant opening in Autumn 2015
• Successfully introduced the Smashburger concept to the UK, building anticipation for the launch
• Positioned Smashburger as a key player in a perceived crowded marketplace
• Led discussions about the rise of the fast casual restaurant sector and the growing popularity of burgers
Smashburger, one of the fastest growing restaurant US concepts in history chose Spider to lead its launch into the UK market. Unknown in the UK, Smashburger wanted to be positioned as a leading “fast casual better burger” restaurant in a quick period of time.
Spider devised a corporate profiling campaign, generating interest in the brand, its unique “smashing” technique and highlighting its success to date ,and more importantly, its future aims for the UK market.
Using a joint interview approach, with a US and UK spokesperson, Spider conducted a media tour – enabling direct media communication of the Smashburger business concept. The campaign went live simultaneously with the US communications plan.
The US/UK “special relationship” in perfect international harmony courtesy of Spider.