Job Vacancy at Spider: Senior Account Manager – B2B Corporate
Who we are
- We are a team of 35, plus 2 wonderful office dogs!
- The ‘Spider House’ is a beautiful converted Victorian warehouse located just a 5-minute walk from London Bridge
- We have 5 key divisions: Food and Drink, Property, Corporate, and Digital
- We are an owner managed agency which gives a unique and genuine family feel to the company
- We enjoy a fast paced, friendly and fun environment
- We have excellent employee retention rate (people genuinely enjoy working here!) and offer fast career progression
- We work with a diverse and exciting portfolio of clients
An amazing opportunity: to join our highly creative, multi-disciplined independent communications agency growing 17% year on year. With this phenomenal growth we are looking to bring onboard strong new talent.
What this means: the opportunity to work on some great brands across a range of B2B sectors, the chance to work in an entrepreneurial environment – where there is no ceiling to your development or opportunity to advance.
Being a small independent agency, you will regularly experience working directly with the agency’s founder/CEO and Board Directors. You will be charged with becoming a trusted point of contact for a portfolio of clients, handling a diverse remit of reputation & communications strategy, exec comms, employee engagement, corporate affairs, and creative b2b content creation for UK campaigns. It’s the perfect opportunity to learn and stretch your skills at the very highest level and accelerate your career.
This is an exciting opportunity to manage a range of clients, drive forward business strategies as part of the SPIDER corporate team, and take a proactive role in identifying and securing new business.
What you will be doing
The successful candidate will work with prestigious well-known B2B brands across a wide range of sectors from start-ups to global corporations. This is a role for those who don’t want to be pigeon-holed into one discipline or sector and who thrive on fast-paced diversity.
Responsibilities will include:
- Play a key role in the research, planning and development of comprehensive public relations campaigns for a range of clients. Serve as daily client contact and as client lead when appropriate
- Create and drive outreach plans, message development, management of events, effective pitching and training of spokespersons on speeches and presentations and growth of contact network.
- Be involved in the development of financial budgets for clients
- Conduct regular client meetings to discuss ongoing activity and delivery, and drive forward the delivery of the PR campaigns/activities
- Manage the writing of press releases, craft internal and external client correspondence etc
- Identify new Media and PR opportunities and make recommendations for PR activities
- Be an expert in your clients’ businesses, become familiar with their sectors, business strategies, competitors and general industry news
- Attend client events where relevant, regular contact with media including face-to-face briefings where appropriate.
- Review and delegate work for your team, manage responsibilities, oversee delivery and distribute tasks
- Help to identify new business prospects and actively seek out new companies
- Contribute to new business process, including identifying new business opportunities
- Attend new business meetings and participate in new business pitches
- Provide ongoing constructive feedback to junior members of account teams.
- Help mentor, coach and support team members and ensure you and your staff are constantly developing abilities.
Who you are
- A minimum 5+ years’ experience in B2B or Corporate comms (ideally in an agency setting and at Account Manager level or above)
- Exceptional communication and writing skills with the ability to tell a story.
- Understanding of budgeting client programmes, including budget development, management, resourcing and forecasting.
- Experience of autonomously managing projects from start to finish, with positive results
- Demonstrated media outreach skills and network of industry and media contacts.
- Experienced in project management including managing suppliers
- Experience managing junior team members
Contractual benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Commission on new business introduced
- 24 days holiday
- Private Medical Insurance post 2 years employment
- Pension (4% employer contribution)
Non-contractual benefits include:
- Performance related pay scheme (annual, after qualifying period)
- Season ticket loan
- Early finishes every Friday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Be Good Days – Everyone may take 1 day (paid) to work for a charity of their choice
- Birthdays – 3pm departure after cake!
- Spider Sweet Days – Sweetie day on a Wednesday (no questions asked)
- Bound Through London – Weekly running club on Wednesday at 5pm (plus 2 pub runs Per Year).
- Break Away – Every employee has the opportunity to take one 5pm finish a week
- Bubbles Friday – Between 4:00-4:30pm every Friday a bubbles cart will go around the office.