- Spider was tasked with devising a creative campaign which demonstrated GTR’s ongoing commitment to sustainability.
- As GTR’s environment team began a working partnership with the London Wildlife Trust Consultancy to identify four locations on the network that can be monitored, enhanced, and protected to encourage biodiversity, the campaign needed to act as a central partnership kick off to promote the ambitious biodiversity plan.
- In order to celebrate GTR’s dedication to enhancing biodiversity across its network, Spider worked with multi-media artist Alice McCabe to create a floral installation with a tiny train station just for bugs at its centre. This was installed at Blackfriars station to launch the announcement of GTR’s biodiversity strategy.
- Spider amplified the launch using a multi-pronged media strategy, which included organising a photoshoot with PA Media, the UK's leading provider of multimedia content and services.
- Spider utilised key GTR spokespeople, including Jason Brooker, Head of Environment, to spearhead a series of media interviews with broadcast outlets including BBC London, London Live and IEMA. The interviews showcased the more intricate details of the floral installation itself, the GTR team’s extensive knowledge around the topic of biodiversity, as well as key underpinning GTR messaging.
- Alongside broadcast, Spider secured media traction including national coverage within Evening Standard, consumer coverage within Secret London, and key trade and thought leadership opportunities.
- 16 pieces of coverage within top-tier titles including BBC London, Evening Standard, Secret London, Rail News, My London, and PR Week.